Monday, October 31, 2011
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Wandering around the blogosphere a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon several posts about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Many writers whose blogs I read, have signed up and are eagerly awaiting the start of November to begin this month long challenge.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Our organ sits in the corner, its stool tucked away neatly. The keys gather dust. Next to it sits the piano. Every day its keys get a pounding. Its stool scrapes along the floor as we position it for our practice session. We are not a house of organists, that's for sure.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
- I love to read. I rarely find a book I can't finish. Once I start to read a book, I can finish it in less than a day.
- I absolutely refuse to wear high heels or make-up (though I don't object to other people wearing them).
- I have an excellent memory for movie quotes and have a quote for just about every occasion, much to my sisters' dismay.
- Despite learning both singing and the piano, I want to study medicine instead of music.
- I am the first child in our family to finish year 12 advance maths.
- I am often more comfortable talking to adults and people younger than myself than I am talking to people of my own age.
- I would never ever want to go to school. Sorry schoolies, but I love homeschooling too much!
- Charlotte at Charlotte's Web. Her posts are interesting to read without being long, and I love her drawings!
- Victoria at Raindrop and Moonlight. A fellow booklover and Catholic Homeschooler.
- JT at JT's Tales. He posts his stories on this blog. I enjoy reading the new instalments to his current tale.
- Autumn at Storygirl. Another Catholic Homeschooler. I like reading her posts on diverse subjects such as books, music, and snippets of her own life.
- Jessica at Safirewriter. Lots of posts on writing and reading.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Sunday, October 9, 2011
This time we went down the coast, to a funny little beach cottage by a lake called ‘
We’d been looking forwards to this holiday for half the school term. We were packed two days early in our excitement. This would be a great holiday, maybe even better than last holiday. And it was.
Every day was spent on the beach, or around the beach. Sometimes we went cycling. Often we went out in a canoe. Once we even capsized the canoe. We build sandcastle, and watched movie. We bought souvenirs and took photos.
I loved every minute of our holiday. I have so many stories to tell, hundreds of photos to share, and memories I will treasure for a long time to come.
Even though I’ve been away, I didn’t forget you, my readers. I scheduled some posts to come out while I was gone so that my blog wasn’t inactive. And now I have lots of posts to catch up with. Thank you to everyone who left comments while I was away. It was so nice to come back and read them all. It’s good to be back.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
I was looking through the photos on my computer other other day, trying to find one of me. Then I checked through the photos on Sophie's camera. Nowhere could I find a recent photo of me. I know the reason, I won't let people take pictures of me. I'd much rather be the person taking the photos. But why?