Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas with Family


It's three days until Christmas. Three days to get last minute present wrapping done, Christmas cooking finished, and music prepared to be sung at midnight mass. The last days before the big event. I've finally finished my present shopping and I'm ready to throw myself into the last preparations for Christmas Day.

It's been a busy few weeks of Advent as we've prepared. We've made over thirty salt dough angels. We've cooked dozen of biscuits and mince pies. We've even put the Christmas tree up in preparation for decorating it this weekend.

And now we're nearly ready to celebrate. Soon it'll be time to go to midnight mass and welcome in Christmas Day with carols. It'll be time to unwrap the presents that flow out from under the tree like a river. But what I am looking forward to most is being with my family and seeing them smile. I'm looking forward to giving them the presents that I've bought them, (and hoping they like them). And I'm looking forwards to the peace and happiness of Christmas Day.

Because it's nearly Christmas, I shall be taking a blogging break over Christmas week. See you all in the new year!

What do you look forward to most about Christmas?

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Imogen!
    I look forward to seeing my wife's expression as she unwraps her gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Alex. That is a wonderful thing to look forwards to. See you in the New Year and enjoy your blogging break.

      Delete
  2. you didn't even mention the end of the world...but i guess that's only ancient mayan suspicions

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing as the Mayans didn't know about leap years, I think that we're safe not to worry about their predicted end of the world. Being already in the 22nd, I didn't notice the world ending at all yesterday.

      Merry Christmas Naama!

      Delete
  3. Hi Imogen,
    How was your Christmas? Ours was wonderful. It was ful of presents and talking and fun.
    I hope you get back to blogging soon. I am missing your posts. They are wonderful and lovely.
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Cool blog! It is nice to see an Australian blogger. I am an Australian and I think it is awsome to see one!
    Well I will answer your question, what I love most about Christmas is seeing baby Jesus in his crib.

    ReplyDelete