Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crossing the Bar

I wanted to share this poem today. I found it while browsing poems for school work. It's an old favourite of mine. There is lots of beautiful imagery. I love how Tennyson makes death seem like a final boat voyage It's a lovely thought too, that God is our pilot and that, at the end of our last voyage, we will see him face to face forever.




Crossing the Bar
SUNSET and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound or foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell;
When I embark;
For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.
By
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

No comments:

Post a Comment