As I blog hop around the internet, I'm always very interested in the things people put in their sidebars. Some have music players, or lists of blogs, some have quotes, some pictures. But one thing a lot of blogs have, is an award.
I didn't understand awards at first. What made a person a Versatile Blogger? How were they Stylish? What did giving and receiving all these awards mean? They seemed pretty pointless to me.
Then, Sue from Sue Elvis Writes awarded me 'The Stylish Blogger' award. I read her post on blog awards, and suddenly I understood what awards are about. It's not really a matter of someone being versatile or stylish. As Sue says, it's a way to show people that you enjoy reading their blog.
So, I am very honoured to receive this blog award. It's nice to feel that someone out there is enjoying reading my posts.
Before I can show my own appreciation for my fellow bloggers, I must tell you 7 things about myself. So...
- I love to read. I rarely find a book I can't finish. Once I start to read a book, I can finish it in less than a day.
- I absolutely refuse to wear high heels or make-up (though I don't object to other people wearing them).
- I have an excellent memory for movie quotes and have a quote for just about every occasion, much to my sisters' dismay.
- Despite learning both singing and the piano, I want to study medicine instead of music.
- I am the first child in our family to finish year 12 advance maths.
- I am often more comfortable talking to adults and people younger than myself than I am talking to people of my own age.
- I would never ever want to go to school. Sorry schoolies, but I love homeschooling too much!
And now, to hand the award onto five blogs that I enjoy reading.
- Charlotte at Charlotte's Web. Her posts are interesting to read without being long, and I love her drawings!
- Victoria at Raindrop and Moonlight. A fellow booklover and Catholic Homeschooler.
- JT at JT's Tales. He posts his stories on this blog. I enjoy reading the new instalments to his current tale.
- Autumn at Storygirl. Another Catholic Homeschooler. I like reading her posts on diverse subjects such as books, music, and snippets of her own life.
- Jessica at Safirewriter. Lots of posts on writing and reading.