Friday, May 18, 2012

Changing Over


So, I finally gave in. I switched to the new look blogger. And I have to confess, I was very reluctant to do so. I liked the look of the old blogger, with it's colourful pages, and easy to find buttons. I liked how it was easy to find the settings page at a glance.

But for weeks a little sign had been starting me in the face. "The old blogger dashboard will be removed in coming months. Upgrade now."

Well, I did it. I hit that 'upgrade now' button. And at once I found myself lost in the new, white dashboard with it's multitude of drop down menus and sidebars.

Exploration only made me more confused. I was trying to look at my stats, so how did I end up in the settings? Where did I go now to change the design of my blog? Which button brought me to the 'new post' page? I struggled to figure it out.

Despite my struggles however, and my reluctance to like the new look, I have finally given in and admitted it. There are some good points to the new look and layout.

I like the white, fresh look it has, uncluttered and spacious. I love white space on my screen. I love how much easier it is to put pictures in my posts than it was before, and how I can change the size once the picture's on my screen. I like how you can see your stats without leaving the dashboard.

It's not easy for me, getting use to what amounts to a whole new site. But I'm  managing. And I'm finding that there truly are things to like. Now, if I could only stop getting lost in all the buttons and tabs...

Have you switched to the new Blogger? Do you prefer the old look or the new? What do you like best about the new Blogger look?

11 comments:

  1. I do like the new Blogger better. I think it's prettier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white is certainly nice. My main problem is that I get so lost. sigh. I guess it'll still need some getting used to.

      Delete
  2. I had it, then changed back because I got lost. I guess I will figure it out when they change it for good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to change over at all. Blogger tried to change me over automatically, but the first thing I found in the new layout was the button to go back!

      Delete
  3. Ha! Wait until you get to be my age and see how quickly you adapt to change! LOL

    I began with the new interface so I didn't need to "unlearn" anything--fortunately. I did, however, have to temporarily switch to the old interface to turn off the "prove you're not a robot" feature. I've yet to find that option in the new interface, but then I'm not always the most observant pair of eyes in the room either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I found the feature to turn that word verification thing off in the new feature...but I couldn't tell you where it is. I'm too lost!

      Delete
  4. I switched over, and with the exception of the reply comment button (which didn't work for me) I like it. But it did take me a while to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take some getting used to, doesn't it? The layout is so different. But it's growing on me. I might even like it all one day!

      Delete
  5. I was reluctant to switch, too, but now that I have I'm really glad I made the change. The new design takes some getting used to, but I think it's also neater and more efficient - as well as more modern! Besides, I knew I'd be forced to switch over eventually, so I decided to give myself some time to get used to it first. :) Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I switched over for the same reason. At first I was going to wait until the very end, but then decided to switch while I still had the option of going back if I got too confused where something was.

      Delete
    2. Exactly! And then, once you get your bearings, you're good to go. :)

      Delete