Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Redesigning and Blog Headers



As part of the organisation I wrote about earlier, I've changed the whole look of my blog. See, for some time I've been wanting to make a collage blog header, like the one Mum made. Except that she used Picnik, and that's gone now.

But the other day, we discovered PicMonkey, which is very nearly the same as Picnik, does collages like Picnik, and is perfect for making blog headers. And, on a side note, you can make collage facebook cover photos too.

So, I have a new header now. And, I've changed the background to match. If I were clever, I'd be able to work out how to make my own backgrounds. But I'm not that clever yet. Maybe in the future.

If you want to find out how to make a collage blog header, visit my Mum's post. And if you want to see how to make a collage facebook banner, see this post.

What do you think of my new header? And how do you think my newly designed blog looks? Are you one of those clever people who can make their own backgrounds?

11 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    I could do my own background, but as I've never seen anyone else use the one I currently have, I'll just be lazy and keep it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always a good reason to keep the same background. If it wasn't for my new header, I probably would have kept my old background too. I hadn't seen anyone else with it.

      Delete
  2. I love the new blog look :)

    I might be able to do my own background, I don't know, I've never tried. I just use my background cause I, too, have never seen it used on another blog (yet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these clever people who can design their own backgrounds! I'm envious of your skill now. That's one of the things I'll have to teach myself eventually.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, it looks wonderful! (I love redesigning my blog, it is such fun.) Everything needs a new look every now and then.

    No, I'm not a clever person who can make her own background. I use other peoples cleverness and ask them to do it for me 8-D All that technical blog stuff gets me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that. It's been a while since I last redesigned this blog, and I figured it was time to freshen things up. Plus I simply had to try making a header now I know who.

      Hooray, another person like myself. If I knew any clever people who might make a background for me, I definitely get them to do. Why do a terrible job myself(always assuming I could do anything) when someone else could do a great job for me?

      Delete
  4. I like it, Immy. It's a great colour - very smart and professional-looking:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shades of blue I've ended up with. Blue is such a beautiful colour. I wasn't sure at first whether there was too much blue, but evidently there isn't.

      Delete
  5. Very clean and appealing... nice layout! I know where to turn now when I go to redesign mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plain colours are certainly very clean. I thought at first it might be took plain, but I don't think so now. I'll look forwards to seeing your blog when you redesign it. I'm sure it'll be much better than mine.

      Delete
    2. Flattery will get you everything, but in the end, I'm a realist. (Or at least I try to be.)

      Delete